Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Vacation

I will go ahead & worn you that I was not good about taking pictures this week...

We went back to Knox for a volleyball match~ Ellen at the lady vols are undefeated!
 Quick recap of the week! Chad got home from work Friday & we took him to the airport. He flew to St. Louis to meet Ken & Chris (med school friends). Then Ellie & I drove to Nashville. Saturday we went shopping with my in-laws! We got Ellie some really cute fall stuff!! My sister in law, Courtney & her husband came to town. We went out to dinner for his birthday @ J Alexander's!  We went on to my parents house, & our good friends, The Ferguson's came by. Sunday, was a lazy day at the house. We hung out & visited! Ellen's game was on tv, so we cheered them on to a victory against Florida.
Monday, mom & I were home with the babies ... Ryan stays with my mom while Marie is at school ~ she finishes nursing school in May!! I fed him cereal & he was so happy!! The four of us went to lunch & shopping! Chad flew to Nashville Monday night & we went to his parents house. We had dinner & watched tv.
Tuesday, we had lunch with Brittney & Chloe (Chad's best friends wife & 2 year old). Then after nap, we had a play date with Olivia Kate (another friend in Nashville with a 2 y/o daughter!!) Maggie also had a high school volleyball match~ GO IRISH! Maggie is a starting freshman!!  I met some besties for dinner at this little trendy Mexican place~ Cara, Tisha & Gretchen~ We enjoyed catching up over maragritas!!
Here is my sweet little nephew Wednesday morning.
 I got a much needed pedicure while in Nashville!! Then we had lunch with my Aunt Kate (kaka), then on to another volleyball match to cheer on Maggie! My parents cooked some delicious meals while we were home!!
 Cutest little cousins... got some practice taking pictures of 2 babies... not that i need it, yet!
 Ryan is such a happy baby~ & Ellie loves him SO much!!
 Thursday, we met my mother in law for lunch. I was already so nervous about leaving Ellie, I could not even eat at Newk's :( 
 Here are the grandbabies with their Pops
(Ellie calls him Pa ... its so sweet, Yaya & Pa she says!)
 Dad & I flew to New Orleans Thursday afternoon. Ellen played at LSU & it was a great reason to go to NOLA! We had such a great time! We ate out with friends (The Jewels for din then Lisa & Marcus for lunch) & had a few drinks!! Our hotel room was right in the French Quarter & we walked around a lot! Ellen played Friday night & won, 6-0 baby!! We were able to see the "rockstar" after the match!! We flew home Saturday morning ~ Ellie & Ryan were in their Notre Dame outfits!!
 OH, haha! This is pic Chad took while I was gone, of Ellie napping in the chair! Sweet girl missed her mommy... but we both survived :) Chad had both grandma's helping hands while I was away.
They picked us up at the airport. She gave me the sweetest hug & kept touching me like 'is it really you mom?!' She didnt much leave my side the rest of the day/weekend!
All in all we had a great week! Chad & I were apart more than we were together, but still had a fun time! We sure do have some great friends & wonderful family. I hated not making it to Memphis... we wanted to come visit so bad :( hopefully next time! LOVE~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers