Saturday, October 22, 2011

BIG girl bed

So, the last couple weeks Miss Ellie hasn't been wanting to sleep in her crib. She is only 19 months old & I thought surely, she was not ready to move into a toddler bed. But night after night of fighting with her about getting in the crib, we tried putting her on the futon in her room. She wanted me to lay with her,  but she napped & slept pretty good. So, we figured it was worth a shot. Chad converted her bed to a toddler bed & she is doing pretty good. She likes me to rub her back~so sweet!! But after just a few nights she is still having some trouble falling & staying asleep. We go in & out calming her down, playing her Violet, patting & all. She will doze off but sometimes if she hears me leave, we have to start all over again. For the most part, she does ok falling asleep & napping. But, ugh, last night we were up from 3:15 - 5:15am ... back & forth. Finally, when Chad was leaving for work I had him go check on her ( I was so tired!) she did end up falling back to sleep!! But this morning, when I got up she wasn't in the bed (we are borrowing a video monitor)...  I found her sleeping on the floor by the door :(
WHEW... needing a picture break~
 Here are Ellie & Chad reading a book before she went to sleep in her big girl bed for the first night... she looks excited, huh?!?
 We made a visit to Salon Couture for hair cuts the next day... aren't we beautiful?! Thanks to Carrie~
& I just love her little outfit from Aunt Courtney!
I wonder if it is a  problem with the bed? do we convert the bed back? I just don't know & it makes me so sad that my good little sleeper is having such a hard time. Looking back it has been about a month we have been having sleep issues... granted this girl was falling asleep on her own & sleeping 12 hours with NO trouble & a nap for a while now! Sometimes being a mommy can be rough. I hate hearing her cry & being so upset, but I know she needs to fall asleep on her own. I guess we will give it a little more time. & guess where she is napping right now?! With her blankets, on the floor, right by the door. I think she was looking under :( poor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers