Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Our family
The whole group

Hanging out on the beach!


heading to the beach for the 1st time!



We had to change our family vacatoin plans this year. We usually go to Perdido Key, Fl in June but this year the oil scared us away. At the last minute, we changed our trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I had mixed emotions about the switch ... Happy because our driving time was being cut in half, Sad because I was not going to see my friends, Amanda & Emily, who were also vacationing in Fl. But we ended up having a great time, of course & so much enjoyed our week with family!


We left Saturday before Father's Day ... sad to leave Chad on his 1st, but he had to work 24 hours :(. So, we celebrated with a big, nice breakfast & hit the road. Ellie was a trooper the whole ride, even when it took us two extra hours due to road work & traffic. We only had to stop once for her to eat & kept on going! We got to the condo & unloaded before dinner time.


Sunday was our 1st official day on the beach. We all got ready & headed down! Ellie pretty much had a suit for every day (more then I even had), but the giraffe suit from Gymboree is my fav for sure! Unfortunatley, it was not Ellie's favorite at all! On day 1 she spit up on the suit, the second try she peepee'd in it before we even got out the door & on the 3rd try ... she pooped in the darn thing! Well, I guess I should have just stuck with the Target suits & swim shirts (she loves that place as much as her mommy i guess!) haha!

I put her feet in the ocean & the sand! She didn't really react at all, but glad she didn't hate it! We went in the pool a couple days & she was happy to cool off! She was such a good girl the whole trip~I was so proud! She continues to fit right in with all the girls!! YAY
We headed home after dinner Friday night. We were both so happy to see Chad! Ellie woke up & gave him the biggest smile!! She really missed her daddy. Maggie is spending the week with us! She is so sweet & has been very helpful! Tonight is Chad's last night, praise the Lord! On Friday, we are heading to Nashville for the weekend. Ellie is 16 weeks old~holy cow!! I had her 3 month pictures taken before we left for the beach by a friend here in JC - as soon as I get them I will post some more pictures!
Hope you all are having a great summer~












1 comment:

  1. I promise I will get those pictures to you... if we don't have plans to meet up soon, I will mail them to you! Or I could always sent them to work with Mike at Panera Bread if you want to run out there one day...

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers