Friday, March 26, 2010

Ellie is here


So, I have some catching up to do!

I will begin on Sunday, March 7th; we went in for a cervidil induction. I was 40 4/7 weeks & the baby was measuring by ultrasound to weigh 8 pounds 10 ounces! All the family was planning to come to town tonight or in the morning. We were all so excited & I was so ready to meet her! So, we packed up & headed to JCSH @ 5pm.

All went well Sunday night. The cervidil was placed, I was already 2cm but she was still high. The Dr, said we would get started on Pitocin in the morning. Around 1 am, the contractions were coming too close together & the nurse pulled the medicine. Then she started my IV, gave me some pain medicine & I was hoping to sleep ... wrong! I contracted the rest of the night! But, I was doing ok & had decided to get an epidural for sure!!

Monday morning my new nurse & Dr. came in to check my status - I was 3cm & he broke my water. By 9am I was ready for an epidural & @ 10 they started Pitocin. I was comfortable!! All our families came in to visit & let Chad go down to get breakfast! Things were going good, just playing the waiting game.

At lunch time I was on like 5 ... ugh! Moving kinda slow! I took a little nap while everybody ate lunch @ Cooty Browns (yes its an actual restaurant, only in Johnson City=)) haha

Well, they all got back & @ 3pm i was 9cm!!! yay! its almost go time~Chad updated Facebook & told everyone to get the popcorn ready! I freshened up my face & Chad got the cameras ready! We waited for Dr. Drey to finish up next door & I was 9.5 @ like 4:30 ... how much longer!? I am so ready at this point! Ok ok so finally by 6 I was complete, 10 cm dilated! & at 6:15 we started pushing.

Well, at 7:15 is was still pushing. The night nurse came in & we kept going! Chad was updating the waiting room who were probably updating some of you!! Slow progress, be patient ... nothing yet! So, @ 8:15 - 2 hours later ... Dr. Drey felt like she had come down some more, but I was so tired & hurting pretty bad by this point. He offered to let me take a little break, redose my epidural & try again in a little bit. Ok, sounds good to me. It was also at this point that he mentioned c/section =( no no no - that was not the plan! So, I had Chad message my mom to come in for extra support!

So after a little rest & more meds in my epidural, we started pushing again. Not much luck though, after about 20 more minutes & no change - the decision was made to go to the OR for a section...

At 10:25 pm, after a very long day, baby Ellie Marie Moss was born!! Weighing in @ 8 pounds 12 ounces & 22.5 inches long!! YAY, she is finally here & we both did great! She had 8 & 9 apgars, the nurse let Chad bring her up to see me & we had our first moment as a family of 3! She was perfect~noting else mattered except that she was here & healthy!

I still couldn't believe she was really that BIG! No wonder she didn't want to come down! We took pictures & then Chad walked her to the NBN for all our families to see!

It didn't seem long before I was back in my room to recover, they let everybody in & then brought Ellie to me to hold for the first time! What a special moment, one that I will never forget! She is beautiful~

Lots of pictures were taken & I was so happy she was here, safe & sound!


Happy Birthday to our little girl~Ellie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers